ADVERTISEMENT

OT - 6 year old killed in Markville, LA

Man-of-Steel

Redshirt
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2007
Collierville, TN
Reading the sad story of the 6 yr. old killed in Marksville, LA by town Marshalls and see that the family had recently moved from Hattiesburg. The boy was being buried in Hattiesburg. I noticed the photo of the boy in the story shows the boy wearing a USM cap. Just Tragic for the family.

Reactions: Greenwood Eagle
Very, very sad situation. His family is from New Augusta, his great grandmother and grand-dad are friends of our family.

Reactions: Greenwood Eagle
Lanny,

Unless they come up with something that is nowhere being reported, the facts reported by the Louisiana State Police point to nothing but a ridiculous act of sheer stupidity by those two guys. Plain recklessness.

Reactions: Man-of-Steel
Lanny,

Unless they come up with something that is nowhere being reported, the facts reported by the Louisiana State Police point to nothing but a ridiculous act of sheer stupidity by those two guys. Plain recklessness.

I think a lot more will come out as the investigation continues, but I don't think it will do anything to improve the officers situation.

the national media has been very hush hush, not expecting al or jesse to show up for this one

A cheap shot....I thought this was a forum to bring us together as USM fans. Why hurl statements that can only be divisive.

I'm sorry, but this is a double standard. Why isn't this getting the publicity that Ferguson or the University of Missouri has gotten? This is frustrating...

To resolve racial issues, all sides must be equally heard. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton could help relieve the double standard by publically denouncing this crime. However, this doesn't fit their agenda.

Just a sad, sad story...

I'm sorry, but this is a double standard. Why isn't this getting the publicity that Ferguson or the University of Missouri has gotten? This is frustrating...

To resolve racial issues, all sides must be equally heard. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton could help relieve the double standard by publically denouncing this crime. However, this doesn't fit their agenda.

Just a sad, sad story...
First of all the officers were arrested. So what would be the need for a protest?

Who said anything about a protest??? I just said they need to denounce the crime. They're always quick to get on national tv when white officers kill unarmed black men.

Don't think the 6 yr old kid was committing a crime either when shot unlike the Ferguson suspect...

I'm glad the officers were arrested. I just don't like how some crimes are thrust into the spotlight and others are not. All crime is bad regardless of who's involved...

pretty sure the officers in the other incidents were arrested as well. Didn't prevent days of protest, destruction and 24 hour coverage from the national media.

Watch how much the media reports on this vs the girl in the classroom
I wonder what the difference is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT