ADVERTISEMENT

NM Dave almost won

dannyw104

All Conference
Aug 6, 2009
The jury came in with a 9-3 vote in favor of Ware. When polled the jury vote counted 8-4. Someone voted in the jury room and was scared to admit their vote when polled.
This post was edited on 7/30 6:16 PM by dannyw104

Originally posted by dannyw104:

The jury came in with a 9-3 vote in favor of Ware. When polled the jury vote counted 8-4. Someone voted in the jury room and was scared to admit their vote when polled.

This post was edited on 7/30 6:16 PM by dannyw104
I think one could understand the fear a black juror would have in making this decision. It seem obviously as to the facts that Ware should have won but as we know facts don't always win. I would be surprised if this will end favorable for Ware now that the jurors know that they will have to be public in their vote.

Reading between the lines here -- a question came back to the judge from the jury. The judge would not read it aloud. The lawyers looked at it. Then, started talking about polling the jurors individually for their protection.

It's clear that one of the jurors voting for Ware is afraid of retaliation and is too scared to give her vote in public. Now, the jury has sent in a question to the judge to that end.

I wish we could just do away with jury trials. Too much room for agenda over law.

How do you like the judges interpretation of "open court" Catfish. I wish we were watching this together.

I can almost envision a terrified black juror looking out over the crowd and getting a throat slash from Kenny or Vaston "Vito" Fairley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT