ADVERTISEMENT

Next Week is Troy's Super Bowl

SethManKA1

Key Reserve
Dec 27, 2009
Great win tonight against Savannah state! Proud of this team. Troy is going to take the Southern Miss game personally next week. I'm sure the game with Clemson was a big game, but after the blocked field goal back in like 2008 in the NO bowl that gave us the win, the fact they are in the sunbelt, that this is a regional type game, they are going to play us like it is their super bowl. The Eagles better get ready this week! Just my opinion. SMTTT

Reactions: crawgator
I think we will play them the same. This is one of the bigger games on our schedule. They are probably the 3rd toughest game on our schedule behind LSU and Marshall. They have good odds to win their conference. I hope we come out and punch them in the mouth.

Agreed. I read on the CSNBBS board how one Troy fan already said they owed us for the lose in the NO bowl in 2008. USM better be ready I don't hate Troy they fight for wins in games just like USM does but this is a rivalry game for them.

Reactions: Brax Eagle
Great win tonight against Savannah state! Proud of this team. Troy is going to take the Southern Miss game personally next week. I'm sure the game with Clemson was a big game, but after the blocked field goal back in like 2008 in the NO bowl that gave us the win, the fact they are in the sunbelt, that this is a regional type game, they are going to play us like it is their super bowl. The Eagles better get ready this week! Just my opinion. SMTTT
Sort of a pompous statement.

They are better than Kentucky.

Should they dampen our running game and get a little pressure on QB it could be interesting.

I think they are better than Kentucky also. Like everyone, I don't want Troy to win because I anticipate they will blow up this message board. Should be a good game.

He said, "This game will be a good measuring stick for how good we are." Like I said this is their bowl game. I don't like this game / series but we have to be clean and precise football Saturday!

Last edited:
I don't think Troy views this as their superbowl at all. They probably viewed last week as their superbowl. Yes, they think this is a HUGE game but we are no Clemson.....at least not yet. This game is scary as hell. Troy is gonna come in pumped but it sounds like so are we. Thank God it's a home game or I'd bet the house on Troy.

Their coach speaks realistically to me. He sounds confident but he also said we are in year four of our rebuild, they are in year two. We shall see.

SMTTT!

I have been wanting to play Troy for a long time. Think it is a natural game for us. They should bring a nice group of fans. It will be great to play a game with fans from the other team in the stands. Troy is so like us as a team this year. Think we will win because of three things: first is our QB Mullens, second is our depth and superior conditioning which showed against KU, and third is the home field advantage. Only a 20% chance of rain so let's get out and have a great crowd at the Rock Saturday yelling for our Golden Eagles. SMTTT

He said, "This game will be a good measuring stick for how good we are." Like I said this is their bowl game. I don't like this game / series but we have to be clean and precise football Saturday!

This game is also a good measuring stick to show where we are as well. I wouldn't call it our super bowl though. Big game....we need it. We should learn a lot about our team this week.

Clemson has been sleepwalking the first two weeks to much is being made about troy..... southern 45-9

I
I have been wanting to play Troy for a long time. Think it is a natural game for us. They should bring a nice group of fans. It will be great to play a game with fans from the other team in the stands. Troy is so like us as a team this year. Think we will win because of three things: first is our QB Mullens, second is our depth and superior conditioning which showed against KU, and third is the home field advantage. Only a 20% chance of rain so let's get out and have a great crowd at the Rock Saturday yelling for our Golden Eagles. SMTTT
understand their ticket office returned tickets but they will bring more than all but one CUSA West team

They hung in there with Clemson. I don't know if Clemson wasn't playing hard or if Troy was just that determined. Either way it's like you guys have said - it will be a good game. I don't really want a series with Troy but hopefully we can come out with a win Saturday. SMTTT

As a Troy fan I can tell you that I am very excited about the opportunity to play you guys and make my first trip to Hattiesburg!
I have nothing but respect for the history of your program and where you guys are today.
We have great tradition at Troy and have won football championships at the FCS level and also conference championships in the Belt.
However, when we were making that move from 1AA to 1A it was Southern Miss that I looked at as a team to aspire to become and to hopefully one day be able to play. I would love to see a series develop between our schools and I am confident we would both benefit.
I was in NO back in 2008 when we played you guys and the atmosphere was electric! I FULLY expect that same type of energy Saturday night and I also anticipate the game being another classic.
Good luck and may the best team win!

Go Trojans!

Srb, classy post! Hope you enjoy your time in Hattiesburg and it should be a good game! Troy does seem to be the likely team to win the Sunbelt this year. That was a good game with Clemson.

Coming in hot on 2 wheels trying to make it before toe meets leather! Between work, baseball and the FedEx guy missing the driveway and having to be pulled out, I'm doing my best to get there!
Quick question...where is a good place to grab breakfast or brunch in the am?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT