ADVERTISEMENT

New Soccer Falcility?

EagleDon

Starter
Nov 3, 2002
Tonight at the All Star party in Jackson, Bill McGillis said something about a new Soccer Field. Where is this field located?

They have been making upgrades and improvements to the current soccer field. Maybe by 'new field' he meant the sod and all that will be new. The university has not built a new soccer field but Bill McGillis eventually wants to move the soccer field/track and softball field on to campus. I agree with that decision I thought it was a big mistake to put those fields where they are now. I remember hearing stories from former soccer players who said they couldn't leave anything valuable in their locker room because it was constantly being broken in to.

They have been making upgrades and improvements to the current soccer field. Maybe by 'new field' he meant the sod and all that will be new. The university has not built a new soccer field but Bill McGillis eventually wants to move the soccer field/track and softball field on to campus. I agree with that decision I thought it was a big mistake to put those fields where they are now. I remember hearing stories from former soccer players who said they couldn't leave anything valuable in their locker room because it was constantly being broken in to.
thanks

The long term plan is to build a new soccer/track complex and intramural fields at the West end of campus. The university has purchased many of the old houses near the end of Fraternity Row up to 37th avenue. Their is also a plan to build a softball field where the physical plant is currently located next to St. Thomas so you'd have "The Pete" on one side and softball field on the other side

http://www.usm.edu/sites/default/files/groups/physical-plant/pdf/ws5_open_fora_v4_low_res.pdf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT