ADVERTISEMENT

New commitment for this year...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
JC LB Sherrod Ruff will join the team later this month form Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He had offers from Louisville, Middle Tenn, Ark St, and others. He will have 3 yrs to play and is 5' ll" and 220 lbs and says he can play all LB positions. He is a "composite three-star recruit according to 247sports.com."

Welcome aboard Sherrod Ruff. I seem to recall another Sherrod who did pretty good for our Golden Eagles. SMTTT

I hope he turns out to be a good one. I guess we won't know until the season gets underway, but it's nice to know he has three years of eligibility. I think that for Southern Miss football to have a breakout year, that some of these new faces need to have exceptional seasons. My hope is that we see huge contributions by both new faces and returnees that give us something to be excited about.

I hope he turns out to be a good one. I guess we won't know until the season gets underway, but it's nice to know he has three years of eligibility. I think that for Southern Miss football to have a breakout year, that some of these new faces need to have exceptional seasons. My hope is that we see huge contributions by both new faces and returnees that give us something to be excited about.
Monken sure sees something because he said that we will be a vastly improved team over last year. Can't wait to see them on the field. Hope the fans are patient through the first four games because we have our toughest 2 during that stretch. We are finally building some depth now. I'm ready for some football. SMTTT

Munz said he was eligible for this year and had 3 years to play. We'll have to wait to make sure, I guess.

Restock through juco ranks for immediate needs as the natural progression of recruiting underclassmen continues...

Munz said he was eligible for this year and had 3 years to play. We'll have to wait to make sure, I guess.

Right, this was from an article Jason Munz wrote about 7 days ago. I checked his twitter account and he doesn't say anything different since then, so I'm guessing the 2016 commitment is in error. If he wasn't eligible this season, he probably would have stayed to play another year at Coffeyville CC. Here's a link to his highlight reel:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3722325/sherrod-ruff

Right, this was from an article Jason Munz wrote about 7 days ago. I checked his twitter account and he doesn't say anything different since then, so I'm guessing the 2016 commitment is in error. If he wasn't eligible this season, he probably would have stayed to play another year at Coffeyville CC. Here's a link to his highlight reel:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3722325/sherrod-ruff
Thanks for the highlight link. He looks like he sheds blockers really well, is smart, and has amazing instincts. Can't wait to see him on the field. Hope he is on special teams too.

ADVERTISEMENT