ADVERTISEMENT

Litter in the Pine Belt

All Eagle

Starter
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
For about the last 2 or 3 years I have become increasingly aware of the terrible litter problem we have here in the Hattiesburg area. I have never seen anything as bad anywhere else that comes to mind. Truly shameful. Our local officials--Supervisors and Sheriffs in Forrest and Lamar counties, HPD, City of Hattiesburg and Highway patrol, etc. need to make litter law enforcement a top priority. The situation is worse now than ever and the tornado did not help. People need to speak up.

You think litter is bad here you should see the capitol of Brazil. Brazilia. The garbage got so bad it was going over people's houses and they had to take bulldozers down the streets to clear it all out. They found nearly 100 bodies of people that had been lost in the litter. (Mostly small children.) It seems to happen anywhere people no longer care about their country.

I think the fine for littering needs to be $1,000.00. If you can't pay it you should go to jail for 24 hours. This will never happen though and soon we will be just like Brazil and many other countries like it. No one care and why bother. The government will come with a bulldozer once a year to clear out your lawn for you right.

Environmentalists should pay triple and that alone will keep the police force money flowing in. I've never met a self-proclaimed environmentalist who wants the government to fund massive environmental cleanups that could actually put the plastic bottles in the trash can. One enviro-nut that was on campus with me at this University through his soda down when he was 2 feet from the trash. Said he was creating jobs as someone will have to come clean it up so he was helping out the poor.
This post was edited on 3/5 5:29 PM by Eagleyed

ADVERTISEMENT