ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals try to keep important blacks out of history books...

Tampa Eagle

All Conference
Jun 17, 2003
As most have heard there was just a big battle in Texas as to what would go into the history books for the high schools. What did not come out in the battle between the liberals and the conservatives was that the liberals fought to keep several important blacks out of the history books. These men played extremely vital roles in the founding of our country. According to two historians, David Baron and Lucas Morrell (pardon me for any names that I have misspelled) the following were just some of the important blacks that the liberals fought to keep out.

One was Peter Salem, a hero of the Battle of Bunker Hill. Peter Hill is depicted in the famous painting of the battle by John Trumble, a witness to the battle. In the 1980's, professor's decided that they knew more than the eye witness that painted him in the painting and said that the black person in the painting was a slave and not Peter Salem, like the painter John Trumble said it was.

Another was Prince Estebrook. He died at the battle of Lexington when the "shot heard around the world" accured. You see he came out of a church along with the other about 150 members of a mixed congregation of blacks and whites that day. And when the smoke cleared there were an equal number of black and white patriots dying on the ground that day.

Another was James Armisted. This man may be the man that is more responsible for us winning the Revolutionary than any other except George Washington. He was a double spy and he was responsible for telling the British that there would be no American troops around Yorktown. So the British fleet left and Cornwallis moved in with no protection, which allowed the French fleet to move in. This is just a part of what Armisted did.

Also, Prince Whipple was a member of George Washington's staff in the Revolutionary War. He can be seen in the famous painting of Washington crossing the Delaware. He was not the only black that served on Washington's staff. And we are not talking about servants here.

So why did they want to keep the blacks out the history books? According to these historians these and other blacks used to be in the books and were taken out. They said the answer is that it has become important to make the founding fathers look evil and non-inclusive. History must be rewritten that the beginnings of our country included only the whites and anything that shows that blacks had a part in the founding of the country and worked side by side with others can't be taught.

Thus we have Professors that change the eyewitness account, the man that painted the painting himself and said that the black in the painting is Peter Salem the hero of Bunker Hill, decorated by George Washington himself with 14 military decorations, the professors say that NO the black is a slave.

So what does this tell you about the priority of the liberal agenda and the support of blacks. You decide.

Great post there.
smilie1.gif

After visiting Tuskegee in Alabama I realized there is a different take on black Americans' place in history. In our politically correct age, George Carver and Booker T Washington have taken a back seat to Rosa Parks ( no pun intended .
wink.gif
)
Carver helped to revolutionize science and agriculture. He developed products and thus demand for soil enriching peanuts and soybeans. This encouraged crop rotation which helped the poor farmers have sustainable yields year after year, while cotton alone would deplete the soil.
Booker T Washington dedicated his life to education and training in employable skills. Rosa Parks let a bus boycott. bus boycotts don't put food on the table.
ohwell.gif

Link? Direct Quotes? Reasons why this was done?

To me your post is just another attack that is keeping this country divided. Its shame this stuff happens, but lets call the individuals out that are doing this. I may be wrong, but I think the agenda of your post was to call a group out more than it was to actaully inform. To me that is divisive.
This post was edited on 6/5 2:07 PM by Funkyfedoras

No Funkyfedoras, it is the political left which has divided the country. One way is by hijacking black American history for propaganda purposes.
They have been far more than simply protesters.

I saw the two professors discussing it on TV so I do not have a link. Not everything is on the internet for you internet junkies. And I gave you the reason the professors said it was done. Yes you are wrong about the "agenda of my post." I was simply wanting to point out the agenda some of the people on the Texas board that were attempting to keep these people out of the books as the professors reported. The professors were in there fighting to keep them in. I recorded the program because it was so good. Drop by and see me some time in Crestview, Fl and I will show it to you. The truth does not keep this country divided. Keeping these important historic figures out and distorting our history for a political agenda does. But of couse those on the left never see that as divisive, do they?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT