ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Hayes, RB, is transferring from Michigan to USM...

Payne tore his knee up in the Spring. Monk doesn't comment on injuries, and we don't have a reporter who digs out these stories, so the rumor is he is out for most of 2015. I would guess all a reporter would have to do is ask his mother, his HS football coach, or even his girlfriend. On the other hand, if a reporter published this Monken might not be too friendly in offering future access. So, I understand the the decision by the press to not pursue these types of stories. But folks are saying do not count on George for 2015.

Here's a link to a good article written by Jason Munz that gives a lot more background on Justice Hayes, how Todd Monken recruited him, Hayes' strengths as a running back and why he is a good fit with Southern Miss. I like Hayes' quote at the end of the article:

"I just want to win," he said. "and we've got the chance at Southern Miss to do that. I've been here for a week and I've seen guys as talented as guys I played with and against in the Big 10 and SEC. The talent is here. We've just got to stay focused, communicate and do the little things."

I remember reading comments on several Michigan message boards that he was considered their best blocking back on 3rd and long passing situations. I have little doubt that Monken will give him the opportunity to showcase his running and receiving skills- and it's also good to know we'll have a running back good at protecting the QB when the situation calls for it.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...higan-transfer-exited-southern-miss/71198596/

Here's a link to a good article written by Jason Munz that gives a lot more background on Justice Hayes, how Todd Monken recruited him, Hayes' strengths as a running back and why he is a good fit with Southern Miss. I like Hayes' quote at the end of the article:

"I just want to win," he said. "and we've got the chance at Southern Miss to do that. I've been here for a week and I've seen guys as talented as guys I played with and against in the Big 10 and SEC. The talent is here. We've just got to stay focused, communicate and do the little things."

I remember reading comments on several Michigan message boards that he was considered their best blocking back on 3rd and long passing situations. I have little doubt that Monken will give him the opportunity to showcase his running and receiving skills- and it's also good to know we'll have a running back good at protecting the QB when the situation calls for it.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...higan-transfer-exited-southern-miss/71198596/
Thanks for the link to that article SoMissFan. That gets me real excited about him and the season. Wish it was time to go now. I've got a friend who's a Fl fan and says that no player would got to USM if they had the chance to play at Fl or Alabama. I will love giving him a dose of this one.

ADVERTISEMENT