ADVERTISEMENT

If UAB wins today.....

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Will the axe still fall on UAB's conference membership? Today has irony written all over it,,,,I remember years ago when USA played and defeated UAT in the NCAA tourney..UAT wouldn't play USA but was forced to due to the NCAA bracket...lots of politics to this....

CUSA rules state that to stay a member in the conference a school must field a football team to stay a member and to share in the tv money. Football is what brings in the tv money and without a football team they have no value at all. They will be bumped from the league. BM has said that he is not in favor in adding another team just in going to 14 just to make it an even number. He would rather keep it at 13 and not have to share the money with anymore teams that aren't going to bring anything to the table, and I agree with him. If the networks don't make the conference add a team and don't cut the money why do it? Besides, UAB, hasn't done anything for CUSA and it will certainly help our recruiting with them out of the way.

Originally posted by eagle ron:
BM has said that he is not in favor in adding another team just in going to 14 just to make it an even number. He would rather keep it at 13 and not have to share the money with anymore teams that aren't going to bring anything to the table, and I agree with him.
Does Britton Banowsky feel the same way? I imagine he's the one who makes the final decision, and in the past he has always seemed happy to see teams leave and then add new ones. It wouldn't surprise me if he unilaterally added another team.

ADVERTISEMENT