ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Pensacola

Legendary Eagle

BGN Legend
Jan 11, 2008
Are you enjoying the massive failure of Obamacare so far? What a disaster!
roll.r191677.gif

As I have stated before, the best thing for the Republicans to do was just get out of the way, and let Obamacare fail on it's on. And what an epic failure it's been! I laugh every day I see the latest headlines. Even the liberal news media can't cover up this one.

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
Are you enjoying the massive failure of Obamacare so far? What a disaster!
roll.r191677.gif

As I have stated before, the best thing for the Republicans to do was just get out of the way, and let Obamacare fail on it's on. And what an epic failure it's been! I laugh every day I see the latest headlines. Even the liberal news media can't cover up this one.
Afraid I am not enjoying it very much. Poor preparation. Sure glad I don't work for them, cause I imagine asses are being chewed. I am confident that once the roll out boondoogle is fixed then it will begin to smooth out. Personally, my insurance went up $20.00, $10.00 of which is a new vision plan. Can't complain, it actually went down last year. How about you?

I wish I could work for them. $600M to build a website that doesn't work? I could do that!

I love it. Obama getting caught lying, and looking foolish. Americans getting angry. Democrats making endless excuses. This is a huge gift to Conservatives. This will help us to hopefully get rid of Obamacare, and will help Republicans sweep elections in 2014.

Didn't help this week in Virginia or Alabama. Dems won in Virginia, moderate, non-Tea Party candidate in Republican primary in Alabama. Christie won of course, but he is not a Conservative, more Centrist.

Local races are irrelevant nationally, and anger is just starting to build. Hopefully, that anger will peak next November like it did in 2010. The fact that the race in Virginia was even close, despite the Dem candidate spending $15M more via the Clinton campaign machine proves that the future for Dems isn't very promising.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I will grant that the ACA rollout will be used as campaign fodder, I don't believe it will be as successful then as it would be now, my reasoning is that I believe the problems will be hashed out, registrations will be easier, and folks will find that plans will be available. The ball is in the Administrations court, I believe they will work tirelessly to fix the cluster**** it has been. The biggest problems I see for the Republican Party is the split between traditional Repubs and the Tea Party folks....that will be fun to watch.....Can't wait.....Black/Gold

Pensacola, the Virginia race was a narrow loss for the Republican, and it likely was due to the fact that the GOP did not support the candidate. 9 million in the last election, and 3 million in this one. Plus there was some additional support from the governors that did not happen. Bottom line is that you are right about the split. The progressive power structure in the GOP hates its base (as opposed to the DEMS who love and court their liberal base). The GOP does not support the conservative candidates and then complain when they lose. They even spend more time attacking their base and the their candidates than the opposition (see Cristie and McCain). Yes I imagine you libs do love seeing that. Imagine if Cristie, McCain, and the GOP would spend their energy going after the liberal policies that are harming our country indtead of going after their base, we might be winning some elections. But then, they might not be keeping their power. And there in lies the problem. So let's just keep voting in the big goverment progressives in the Dem and Repub parties so they can keep their power and make millions. Meanwhile they can tell us they aee doing it "for the people," and they take our money from us to do it and we just keep voting them in.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:

Pensacola, the Virginia race was a narrow loss for the Republican, and it likely was due to the fact that the GOP did not support the candidate. 9 million in the last election, and 3 million in this one. Plus there was some additional support from the governors that did not happen. Bottom line is that you are right about the split. The progressive power structure in the GOP hates its base (as opposed to the DEMS who love and court their liberal base). The GOP does not support the conservative candidates and then complain when they lose. They even spend more time attacking their base and the their candidates than the opposition (see Cristie and McCain). Yes I imagine you libs do love seeing that. Imagine if Cristie, McCain, and the GOP would spend their energy going after the liberal policies that are harming our country indtead of going after their base, we might be winning some elections. But then, they might not be keeping their power. And there in lies the problem. So let's just keep voting in the big goverment progressives in the Dem and Repub parties so they can keep their power and make millions. Meanwhile they can tell us they aee doing it "for the people," and they take our money from us to do it and we just keep voting them in.
Welcome aboard Nue, figured you would be along before long. I have a question I have been wanting an answer for. Can Democrats/Liberals be one of "We The People" I keep hearing about, or are we somehow lesser forms of Americans? I keep hearing that phrase used in an exclusionary manner. I believe that the Republican party has to change. If they want to win a National election, they must recruit more votes from women and miniorties, to not understand this is foolish and will continue to keep the party out of the White House. I believe this to be true, if, and it is a big if, Democrats go to the polls, they were motivated by President Obama, and I believe will be equally motivated bye Hillary Clinton.....Your thoughts?

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:

Welcome aboard Nue, figured you would be along before long. I have a question I have been wanting an answer for. Can Democrats/Liberals be one of "We The People" I keep hearing about, or are we somehow lesser forms of Americans? I keep hearing that phrase used in an exclusionary manner. I believe that the Republican party has to change. If they want to win a National election, they must recruit more votes from women and miniorties, to not understand this is foolish and will continue to keep the party out of the White House. I believe this to be true, if, and it is a big if, Democrats go to the polls, they were motivated by President Obama, and I believe will be equally motivated bye Hillary Clinton.....Your thoughts?
The only thing that has changed lately for me is my realization that the GOP hates its base. The rest, I've been on board for a long while. As to "we the people" including democrats and liberals, of course. What the phrase does not include is the elitist politicians. It does include you and me, however. When it is used, it generally is used in the context of what is best for the individual and their rights, and also the individual person having power and control over their own lives and also the government, not the government telling the individual what's best for them, and putting what's best for the individual secondary to the "collective."

You are right about the Republicans having to change, just wrong about how. Maybe the Dems should follow your advice and then they can start losing elections. The Democratic machine will back their candidate no matter how bad they are. They can be under criminal investigation, an avowed Marxist, have sex scandals galore, make racist and sexist remarks at every stop, and they just pour more money and support in. Meanwhile the Republicans pull support if the candidate is too conservative. The Dems attack the Repubs and the polls go up, while the Republicans are told to be play nice or people won't like it, and they follow that advice (see Romney). The Dems go after the Repubs, the Republican establihment thinks that their main enemy is their base. Maybe we are. We are not interested in them remaining in power so that they can make millions and grow government and their power. We want what's best for the country and that includes getting them out of Washington. A conservative message will win votes. The dems have bought the minority vote and it will only swing when conservatives get in and change the economy and get government off our backs so that jobs can come back.

Obama won because in forgot about going after the independents, he went after his base, strong. Remember a few weeks before the election there was talk about the lib base not showing up at the polls to vote, well that changed when Obama went after them. They showed up and he won. Romney ignored his base, took it for granted that they would just show up and vote for him. They did not. Instead he took your advice which is the same as all the political advisers, and tried to broaden his base. Romney won the independent vote and lost his base. Obama lost the independent vote and won his base. So who won the election? Now you are telling me that the next Republican candidate should follow Romney's losing ways and not Obama's winning ways? Does that make any sense Pensacola?

This post was edited on 11/11 12:57 PM by NueDaeEagle

The only thing that has changed lately for me is my realization that the GOP hates its base. The rest, I've been on board for a long while. As to "we the people" including democrats and liberals, of course. What the phrase does not include is the elitist politicians. It does include you and me, however. When it is used, it generally is used in the context of what is best for the individual and their rights, and also the individual person having power and control over their own lives and also the government, not the government telling the individual what's best for them, and putting what's best for the individual secondary to the "collective."

You are right about the Republicans having to change, just wrong about how. Maybe the Dems should follow your advice and then they can start losing elections. The Democratic machine will back their candidate no matter how bad they are. They can be under criminal investigation, an avowed Marxist, have sex scandals galore, make racist and sexist remarks at every stop, and they just pour more money and support in. Meanwhile the Republicans pull support if the candidate is too conservative. The Dems attack the Repubs and the polls go up, while the Republicans are told to be play nice or people won't like it, and they follow that advice (see Romney). The Dems go after the Repubs, the Republican establihment thinks that their main enemy is their base. Maybe we are. We are not interested in them remaining in power so that they can make millions and grow government and their power. We want what's best for the country and that includes getting them out of Washington. A conservative message will win votes. The dems have bought the minority vote and it will only swing when conservatives get in and change the economy and get government off our backs so that jobs can come back.

Obama won because in forgot about going after the independents, he went after his base, strong. Remember a few weeks before the election there was talk about the lib base not showing up at the polls to vote, well that changed when Obama went after them. They showed up and he won. Romney ignored his base, took it for granted that they would just show up and vote for him. They did not. Instead he took your advice which is the same as all the political advisers, and tried to broaden his base. Romney won the independent vote and lost his base. Obama lost the independent vote and won his base. So who won the election? Now you are telling me that the next Republican candidate should follow Romney's losing ways and not Obama's winning ways? Does that make any sense Pensacola?

Nue ...your argument is that Romney wins if he campaigns to his base, I disagree because I don't believe his base is numerically large enough to win a national election. The Democratic base is, as evidenced by the last election. Romney knew this, if his base was too Pure to vote for a moderate, then they get what they settled for. I believe it is all math, sorry Nue, you don't have a candidate who can draw enough from a changing electorate. My belief that a Democratic candidate will win, unless we run a complete flop on the campaign trail, Hillary is good at it, and Elizabeth Warren will push her... .

Obama won because of blacks. Plain and simple. They are historically low percentage turnout voters, but they turned out in droves to vote for the black guy. They are what made the difference in key states like Ohio, Florida, and Virginia, where narrow victories swung the election in Obama's favor.

You are right about one thing. The Democratic base is huge. There is just a massive number of welfare recipients, minorities in poverty, and the other lowlifes that live off the government and support Democrats. And thanks to Obama's massive economic failure, the number of poor people dependent upon the government is rapidly growing. It's shameful what Democrats have done to enslave minorities and poor people. Their miniscule handouts trap people into lives of poverty, and they do it on purpose to grow their support base. Thankfully, most of those people are too lazy to vote.

I pray that the Democrats choose Hillary as their candidate. She will be destroyed because of Benghazi, her husband, and her life plagued with scandals. It will be the easiest Republican victory ever. However, I think as long as the Republicans don't choose a terrible candidate, it will be an easy win for us regardless of the opponent. After 8 years of misery, scandals, and poverty, America will be ready for a change.

Nue ...your argument is that Romney wins if he campaigns to his base, I disagree because I don't believe his base is numerically large enough to win a national election. The Democratic base is, as evidenced by the last election. Romney knew this, if his base was too Pure to vote for a moderate, then they get what they settled for. I believe it is all math, sorry Nue, you don't have a candidate who can draw enough from a changing electorate. My belief that a Democratic candidate will win, unless we run a complete flop on the campaign trail, Hillary is good at it, and Elizabeth Warren will push her... .
Once again, Pensacola, we have a lib that goes on beliefs or feelings, not results. Gallup polls show that in 2012, 40% of the people classify themselves as conservative, 35% as moderate, and only 21% as liberal. The Dems ignored that and went after the lib base to get them to the polls and it worked, and Obama won. The Republicans went after the middle, won the independents, ignored their base and lost. I look at history and results, not my beliefs and feelings. History tells me that if the Republicans want to win, they must follow the winning strategy and do what Obama did. Or they can go the route they did and are doing and lose again. They hate their base and if they continue to attack that 40% they will hand the libs the election. A competent conservative who can articulate conservative values, and who is not destroyed by the Republican power machine, and is also backed by the Republican power structure will destroy any Democratic candidate consedering this disaster of a health care system and the horrible economy we have.

ADVERTISEMENT