ADVERTISEMENT

For those who may attend next season's UCF game

cretv

Starter
Nov 11, 2006
After seeing a Marshall fan’s in-depth compilation of Huntington information for the coming season, I thought it would be nice to give our ’08-’09 guests some early planning help too. This may be pinned if the mod wants. Sorry if I overload you with too many links. For additional or detailed information ask the UCF fans on any of their boards (Rivals has a ton of them).

General

For general UCF information, campus map, parking, tailgating, parking..
UCF.edu

UCF athletics

UCF area map
Campus map

Gameday Information
Contains information for game day parking, stadium map, tailgating, etc

Hotels
There are plenty of hotels in the area, but here are some of the closest ones to the campus. I know a few students whose own parents stay at either of the first three listed when visiting.

La Quinta

Holiday Inn

Radisson

Marriott

Comfort Suites

Other area hotels

For hotels closer to the downtown attractions take a look at:
I-Drive Hotels

Restaurants
Orlando has a variety of food, and I can only name so many restaurants. Do not forget about the restaurants (Jimmy Buffett’s/Emeril’s, etc) in Universal’s free City Walk area!

Trip Advisor suggested restaraunts

Besides food locations in UCF’s athletics area:

Waterford Lakes Center
The Waterford Lakes Complex near UCF has an array of chain restaurants including the Orlando Ale House, Urban Flats, California Pizza Kitchen, Panda Express, Chipotle, Fuji Sushi, CheeBurger CheeBurger… You get my drift! For those that do not… It is not even close, the restaurant list continues!

Knightly Food
This website lists a bunch of usually cheap UCF area restaurants including times they are open.

El Cerro is a delicious authentic Mexican restaurant located directly across Alafaya from UCF.
Bubbalou’s is not far from campus and has great BBQ food.

Winghouse
Winghouse is my favorite wing place, but there is also a Hooters for the people that love those wings.

Downtown and International Drive have a lot more original and a lot of upscale restaurants.

Other Restaurant list
I have been to Ming Court and it is superb.

Charleys Steakhouse
Charley’s Steakhouse has excellent steak and fish with costs in upwards of $20 per meal. There are two locations in the Orlando area.

Honestly, there are so many great restaurants that I have only named the tip of the iceberg. Visit one of the UCF boards for more feedback about what you feel like and they will kindly help.

Tourism
For General Orlando tourist attractions

Orlando Venues
Attraction Guide

Mall at Millenia
Florida Mall
Upscale Orlando malls. The mall at Millenia is aesthetically pleasing, while the Florida Mall is packed with a ton of stores.

Disney
Disney has its own hotels and is located about 20 miles from campus. Disney has many different theme parks.

Universal
Universal has a couple of different parks, and it is slightly closer to UCF than Disney. Islands of Adventure seems to be more ride oriented. City Walk is a free store, bar, and restaurant area outside of the theme parks, excluding parking.

Sea World

Orlando Science Center
Orlando Science Center. A great museum

Museum of Art
Orlando Museum of Art

KSC
The Kennedy Space Center is located about an hour away at Cocoa

Review Orlando
Other Clubs and Bars
Downtown Orlando is filled with many bars and clubs for those that seek Knight : ) time fun! The above two links list a few of them.

Beaches
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach is perhaps the closest beach to Orlando, and some of its beaches even allow cars to drive on it.

Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach is not much further away from UCF than Cocoa, and is about an hour to an hour and a half away. Daytona also has areas allowing car access to beaches. Daytona has the International Speedway which hosts the Pepsi 400 and, of course, the Daytona 500.

There are also beaches around the Tampa area, which is about two or two and a half hours away.

Thanks a ton.

Me and about 7 other students are planning on making a three-day weekend trip out of it.

Yea. Our plan was to fly down Friday after our classes and work is done.
Catch the tailgating and game Saturday night.
Hit one of the theme parks Sunday, then fly back Monday morning.

Re: Doesn't Disney support the

I had not heard they were giving money to Ole Miss, but who knows.
roll.gif

Hey, you forgot they fun part. These guys should know why they call Bright House Stadium "The Trampolin". UCF has literally taken rockin' the stadium to a new level.

Best Orlando Restaurants

I travel to Orlando monthly and eat out essentially every night of my life. My favorite Orlando restaurants are The Hue near Lake Eola near Downtown, K Restaurant and Wine Bar in College Park, and Christini's Ristorante Italiano on Dr. Phillip's Blvd.

I dined at Del Frisco's on Lee Road .....

back in January. Had a nice 16 ribeye, Crab Cake's and Lobster appetizer, some nice veggies and potato. All was very good. Me and my wife got out for about $250. They had a very good wine list but I don't drink personally. Ordered 2 bottles of 1995 Silver Oaks Cabernet for my table but did not partake. The group enjoyed it. Service was very good.

Was in Orlando for a conference of country club managers and the Alabama guys and a few others went to Del Friscos. I don't normally dine every day at this price level but since my club expects me to partake of fine dining I did.

You could get out a little less expensively if you left off the appetizers. It was a very good dining experience. The place was pretty loud due to so many people in a small area.

We plan on ordering off the main menu at McDonalds....

None of that dollar menu snuff for us.
laugh.gif

I was there for a game in the Women's Basketball Tourny...

There's a Red Lobster not far from the campus

Hey, I'm actually about to go to UCF for grad school this fall. Is there a Wachovia near campus? If not, what banks are?

There are Wachovias near campus. There is a Suntrust bank on campus.
This post was edited on 5/2 4:35 PM by cretv

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT