ADVERTISEMENT

Dow plunges 640 points....

Legendary Eagle

BGN Legend
Jan 11, 2008
WTF? Jimmy Carter 2.0 is destroying this country. I knew he was going to be bad when he was elected, but the damage that he's done in less than 3 years is mind blowing. It's only going to get worse, because he doesn't even think it's his fault. The moron is sitting there pointing fingers at Bush and the Tea Party minority in Congress. This clown has got to go!
This post was edited on 8/8 5:48 PM by Legendary Eagle

It is actually 20 plus years of Congress and the Executive office that are fault. Obama is to blame as well as Bush and majority of Congress go at least 2 decades back, probably longer.

I got no problem with him pointing the finger at Bush as long as he is pointing at himself too.

Pointing fingers at Bush is a joke. While I am not a fan of Bush in many ways, the things that Bush did wrong Obama is doing on steroids to infinity. So when the Dems blame Bush they are really saying he did it wrong, but we're 1000 times worse than he was so elect us and we'll do even more.

Alexis de Toqueville in the early days of our country knew what he was talking about when he said the following because Congress has discovered it and the people have been bought and purchased:

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

I have my criticisms of Bush, but I never doubted Bush's love for this country and his patriotism. I cannot say that about Obama, who has increased the deficit on an unprecedented on an unimaginable scale. Obama scammed us for that huge stimulus boondoggle that failed miserably. Obama added more to the national debt in his first 19 months than all the presidents before him combined, from Washington through Reagan. That is sheer recklessness, if not downright intent to harm.

He told us he needed to do it or unemployment would reach 8%. Well, unemployment now stands at 11% (if you use Obama's numbers) or 19% (if you use actual numbers).

He crammed down our throats that unconstitutional Obamacare disaster that was written in secret, and voted on by politicians who admitted they never even read the bill. The pain from that won't kick in until next year. Just wait.

Obama also inherited a AAA credit rating from Bush, and we all know what just happened to that. According to S&P the ballooning of the deficit, debt and borrowing limits under Obama is what caused the downgrade. In fact, S&P also said that if 'cut, cap and balance' had passed, the downgrade would never have happened.

In case anyone missed it, 'cut, cap and balance' was the bill that first came out which was backed by the newly-elected tea party Republicans. Harry Reid said it would be "dead on arrival" in the Senate, and Obama said even if it managed to reach his desk, he'd veto it. So that bill went away, and they came up with the one that merely kicks the can down the road. Along comes the downgrade and guess what...Obama, Reid and the Democrats blame the tea party. Go figure.

It's not rocket science. If any individual lived their own life the way the government has operated, their credit would be suffering too...and they'd be bankrupt. If you don't believe it, increase the amount of money you spend on your lifestyle by 40% of what you earn, and borrow the $40% to make it happen. Keep spending and keep borrowing until you cannot borrow anymore, and the owed interest has put you over the edge.

When you reach that place, you'll know. It's called 'rock bottom.' And that's where we are.

I agree totally SoMiss. I really admired Bush as man and for his love for his country. However I did not like his big government policies. Obama is first and foremost a spread the wealth or fairness politician. He has even said it himself, that he would hurt the economy to promote fairness. His policies have shown he puts fairness worldwide over the welfare of his own country. And by fairness in the previous sentence I use his definition, in other words to spread the wealth. The only problem is that the voters are being bought with benefits and government jobs in this country.

What's crappenin up in here? That why I love USM thread blocking the page is gettin really old....Hey man, I'd rather have Carter. BHO is an absolute miscreant, love that word, fits so well, and the stuff that's happening is intentional. Anybody who voted for this islamunist bastard owes one huge apology to the whole of humanity. If any had a shred of decency, they'd buddy up and take out an ad doing just that. Over & out. God help us!

Oh yes...miscreant is the applicable word. His parents were somewhere between atheist and "healthy skepticism of religion". He then finds religion through the Reverend "G.D. America" Wright.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT