ADVERTISEMENT

Django Unchained

Anyone seen Reacher?
I can't imagine Tom Cruise as a 6'5", 250 pound former MP but I love the books.

I loved it HB. But it's quite graphic (it is Tarantino) and could be uncomfortable at times, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reacher was really good! Cruise seems to look 6'5" even when he is 5'10"! I didn't read the books so I didn't know it was based on a 6'5" guy until later.

I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy it too but somehow I believe it will paint our ancestors as less than bright or articulate while being utterly despotic.

In other words, typical Hollywood PC.

Yes...saw it when it first opened on the 25th...loved it. But beware, it is everything you would expect from a Quentin Tarantino film...ie....over the top gore.

However, look for Southern Miss alum M.C. Gainey...he plays a prominent (but stereotypical) role.

Gainey has been in a lot of movies and TV shows. He has played in Lost and Justified, just a couple of TV shows I can think of off of the top of my head.

M.C. Gainey

Tom Cruise is about the last actor I would expect to play Reacher. I have heard it is a good movie and will probably go see it, but really doubt it will remind me of the books. Love the Reacher series however. A friend of mine told me that there is a new Stephen Hunter book out for those who like books in the vein of the Reacher series.

reacher was 10 times better than skyfall! Maybe the best movie I have watched in a while. But like I said I didn't read the books.

Saw django and loved it! Had some pretty funny moments in the movie particularly when Don Johnson emerged in the movie. Didn't like the ending as much but was a very good movie.

Want to see Reacher next!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT