ADVERTISEMENT

Did the Seahawks deserve to be in playoffs?

Sure they did.

There are rules for how you get in. They followed the rules and won their division.

There have been bowl teams with losing records and NCAA BB turny teams with losing records because they won their respective championships.

These things happen. Can't blame the rules on the Saints getting it handed to them. Seahawks were obviously a better team yesterday--"in the playoffs".

of course the seahawks deserved to be there. They won their division and that's what the rules say. Now whether or not they deserved a home game with only 7 wins is another topic. I believe there will be a rule change before next year concerning losing teams getting home field advantage.

I don't believe it mattered for the Saints anyway. They wern't winning anything this year anyway. The Saints had 14 players on IR which was 2nd of teams in the NFL (behind the Packers who have 15). Colts were 3rd with 12 players out. In other words, Pack may win today, but they aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl. It's very difficult to repeat anyway...impossible when 1/3 of your original team is injured & out for the season.

WHO DAT!!

I think they deserved that home game too.

Some divisions are highly competitive and the win/loss doesn't reflect the quality of the teams.

....And some are like the NFC West this year....where the last man standing gets the bid, unfortunately.

Regardless, they won, and the reward for winning it is a home game. That's why there's ONE goal for the regular season

WINNING YOUR DIVISION

Saints should have beaten the birds more so they could have avoided the hawks...

yeah i think that's the better question..

you win your division, you should be in..

but i just don't see any justification for an 11-5 team being sent across the country to play a 7-9 team at their place..

not making any excuses for the saints... they got beat up and down the field after the 1st quarter..

i just think that's a flaw in the playoff setup...

homefield advantage is huge.. especially in the playoffs..

and you're right... too many injured players to make a run anyway..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT