ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Officiating ....

Dothan Eagle

All Conference
Oct 29, 2002
First of all I am not going to say the refs cost us the game last night. However I will say this. The last two games it looked like this:

1. They are terribly incompetent and inconsistent.
2. At times it looks as if some of the calls against us and no calls toward the other team are intentional.

Poor officiating preceded the last two games however.

If you think the last two games were bad wait until next week. If we stay anywhere close to the Marshall money pot it will be more ridiculous than anything we have seen. This will be the case with anyone MU plays though.

On that note did you guys read where CUSA hired a firm to promote Marshall for a BCS bid. If they make it we all gain but after we receive the check will the promotion give them unfair recruiting advantage, etc.

Marshall is the class of this lowly conference now and I hope they make it, Don't really think we will be competitive against them the way things stand now.

The officials were terrible for the LaTech game....didn't see UTEP game, but listening to Vic & John, sounded as if they were awful. I'd like to see the 'fumble' that was returned for the TD...announcers seemed certain it was a forward pass.

With that said, if Nick is not 100%, I'd like to see what the kid from Oxford can do. I've never seen practice, but if we signed him and kept him on scholarship for 1 1/2 seasons, he should be prepared to play.

I'll be there Saturday night...hoping for a big upset. I'll be happy if we play well...regardless of results.

She was good she stood out heads and shoulders among those clowns. Inconsistent is the perfect word for our officials

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT