ADVERTISEMENT

conservative logic

smokewrings

All Conference
Jan 11, 2006
just for giggles...but since everyone is in a lets insult people we dont agree with trend.

anything thats done by government we do not agree with, (i.e. taxes on cigarrettes, beer, whaetver) was done by a liberal, no matter who really passed the increase (e.g. Haley barbour)

Swing....and a miss!

swing-and-miss.jpg

Originally posted by smokewrings:
just for giggles...but since everyone is in a lets insult people we dont agree with trend.

anything thats done by government we do not agree with, (i.e. taxes on cigarrettes, beer, whaetver) was done by a liberal, no matter who really passed the increase (e.g. Haley barbour)
Conservative logic = mutually exclusive... Score!

I have plenty of problems with things "conservative" politicians do with Bush topping the list. But, liberals are in control right now so I stopped talking about how crappy a president Bush was. Something the liberals need to do too. They control 2 of the three elected government officiating offices and they still blame republicans for everything. Go figure.

Originally posted by Eagleyed:
I have plenty of problems with things "conservative" politicians do with Bush topping the list. But, liberals are in control right now so I stopped talking about how crappy a president Bush was. Something the liberals need to do too. They control 2 of the three elected government officiating offices and they still blame republicans for everything. Go figure.
I find some room for agreement with you, but believe most of the Congressional malaise is caused by Senate filibustering. I was upset there were no strong rule changed in that area for this Congress, feel Harry Reid dropped the ball when it was in his court. Doh!...Black/ Gold

Maybe if King Obama and his liberal minions were open to compromise, there wouldn't be any need for filibusters. Filibusters are in place to prevent egomaniacs like Obama from turning America into a dictatorship. The problem is that Obama is on a power trip, is unwilling to compromise, and openly admits such is why we've seen a lot of filibusters. When we get a statesman in office that will work with both sides of the isle, you'll see filibusters decline again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I know it bums you out Legendary, but just think, in a few short years us liberal minions will get to elect Hillary....yeah, like the sound of that, Hillary 2016..Sweet!

I pray that you nominate her. Allowing herself to be made Obama's scapegoat ver the Benghazi scandal ended her political career. Obama ran the bus over her, and she backed it back over herself with her cold hearted remarks about how the people that died don't matter at this point. She's unelectable now. So please nominate her and ensure a Republican victory in 2016. Of cours, it won't really matter. After 4 more years of Obama destruction, another Libtard won't see the White House for 20 years.

Hope your party continues to feel that way. Benghazi will make no difference, with all due respect, if she wants the office it is going to be very difficult to beat her. She also would have beaten McCain. Your party is imploding and has no viable national candidate.... Can't wait... love the politics of elections!.....Black/ Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:
Hope your party continues to feel that way. Benghazi will make no difference, with all due respect, if she wants the office it is going to be very difficult to beat her. She also would have beaten McCain. Your party is imploding and has no viable national candidate.... Can't wait... love the politics of elections!.....Black/ Gold
Benghazi only has no relevance to liberals because liberals don't want to talk about it.

I read that report that came out about the Benghazi attack and I still have no idea what was going on.

Why was our ambassador in Benghazi? The American embassy is in Tripoli not Benghazi.
Why was our ambassador moved into an area of minimal security. If they want to move the ambassador to some secondary embassy you beef up security there as they always have.
Whose to blame for the miscommunication that there was an attack there? The report states that there were multiple people who disregarded rules on lines of communications and procedures that should be taken during a situation like this. The report then names no on and says that no action should be taken against anyone for messing this up.
Why did Hillary continue to blame a United States produced video for the attack? She should have been neck deep in intelligence reports but obviously Americans being killed didn't warrant a deeper look. Blaming the a video produced in the United States when that's not what happened is beyond irresponsible.
Why did Hillary not ever talk security working at the embassy after the attack? This is where it borders on incapable of handling a job. How do you not phone the people up and ask them what happened with her position?

She then took full responsibility for everything that happened. Maybe you want someone who took responsibility miscommunications, failure to follow ups, failure to understand and respond to security needs that led to people's deaths), as president. I don't.

She's irresponsible at best. Incapable of handling a management job of any type at worst.

It isn't one thing she did wrong in this. It's dozens.

This post was edited on 2/5 12:10 AM by Eagleyed

Please. Paul Ryan. Bobby Jindal. Marco Rubio. Chris Christie. We have plenty of candidates capable of beating that nasty old lesbian hag. She couldn't even beat Obama when he was a nobody.

Don't believe the left-wing propaganda about the Republican party. We're doing just fine. We took 17 of the 27 congressional seats that were in contention in 2012. We also hold a nice advantage in state governor seats over the Dems. Just because King Obama has a cult-like following of low IQ people that overlook his failures in favor of his celebrity status doesn't mean we have issues. He'll fade away in a few years, leaving behind a legacy of wreckage and failure, and we'll get back to normal. The Republicans will once again swoop in and save the day.

Fellas, you can't see the forest for the trees. I am talking election 2016. Hillary will be a formidable candidate, you have no one that is a National candidate. If you try to beat her with Bengazi you will loose. The American people do not find it a issue that will damn a candidate, it just won't stick. I give full respect to those who died, not disparaging their death at all, it is just not an issue that will keep her out of office. She is very well liked by the electorate, she has the advantage of history, if nominated she would be the first woman candidate, she has an immensely popular husband that is a genius at campaigning. Like her or not, and she was not my choice over Barack, she will be formidable, to believe otherwise is to hide your head in the sand, which is exactly what I hope the Republican Party continues to do.....Chris Christy is your best chance, but I am not sure how well he will play down south, and if he has the temperment for a national campaign. I forget the name of the skinny commentator on Fox News, she had it pegged, she said if you don't nominate Christy, Romney would get the nomination and you would loose.....She was dead on......Black/Gold

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
You should get your head out of Chris Matthews' dark place. You don't have a clue.
Lol... funny, and I take no offense because I have jousted with you many times. You know my argument is sound. .....Black/ Gold

Nice try smokerwrings but I'm afraid that you'll find that conservatives are pretty fed up with a lot of Republicans and all the big government stuff they do. While many of the big government Republicans can't keep up with the libs when it comes to spending, they still do a pretty good job on their own. Just take a look at George Bush. Until Obama came along he was the biggest spending president ever. The dirty little secret is that Bush grew social spending and regulation like no other president before him. And the left still hated him.

So you missed on that one. We conservatives are very fed up with the big government types on both sides, including those that have R's next to their name.

And Pensacola, as for Harry Reid, he is the reason the Senate does nothing. There was a great article recently in the Wall St Journal about how he has personally changed how the Senate works to essentially stop any legislation from being voted on, including a budget. He is doing this so that the politicians will not have to go home and stand on their records, and also so that it will not show the divide that is in the Democratic party over the major issues. If you don't bring the issues up, no one will know. Then you can blame everything on the Republicans. That was his plan and it has worked wonderfully, according to the Journal. It will keep working until the press reports what's going on.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
Nice try smokerwrings but I'm afraid that you'll find that conservatives are pretty fed up with a lot of Republicans and all the big government stuff they do. While many of the big government Republicans can't keep up with the libs when it comes to spending, they still do a pretty good job on their own. Just take a look at George Bush. Until Obama came along he was the biggest spending president ever. The dirty little secret is that Bush grew social spending and regulation like no other president before him. And the left still hated him.

So you missed on that one. We conservatives are very fed up with the big government types on both sides, including those that have R's next to their name.

And Pensacola, as for Harry Reid, he is the reason the Senate does nothing. There was a great article recently in the Wall St Journal about how he has personally changed how the Senate works to essentially stop any legislation from being voted on, including a budget. He is doing this so that the politicians will not have to go home and stand on their records, and also so that it will not show the divide that is in the Democratic party over the major issues. If you don't bring the issues up, no one will know. Then you can blame everything on the Republicans. That was his plan and it has worked wonderfully, according to the Journal. It will keep working until the press reports what's going on.
If you can find the article let me know and I will read it and we can compare notes, so to speak..... Black// Gold

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:

If you can find the article let me know and I will read it and we can compare notes, so to speak..... Black// Gold
Here is the link to the Wall St Journal article on how Reid operates the Senate Pensacola. It is an informative read that I would suggest everyone check out.

article

Here is the link to the Wall St Journal article on how Reid operates the Senate Pensacola. It is an informative read that I would suggest everyone check out.

article
Don't pick on Harry Reid. He hasn't done Anything.

Thanks. Enjoyed the article. Will be interesting to compare her assertions to filibustering and find some truths. Isn't the columnist married to the Strassel commentator on Fox News? Amazing sometimes the interconnections of people.... Black,/ Gold

Thanks. Enjoyed the article. Will be interesting to compare her assertions to filibustering and find some truths. Isn't the columnist married to the Strassel commentator on Fox News? Amazing sometimes the interconnections of people.... Black,/ Gold
Ok then I wont believe any news articles written by democrats on t.v. and any of their family.

It doesn't matter anyway as she is married to a British guy named Matthew Rose. She met him in the years she worked as a journalist based in Brussels. She has spent most of her life after she graduated from Princeton in Europe covering technology news and then general news there.

If you find the "truth" let us know. However, from everything I've seen even reading the New York Times. Harry Reid has been acting like a dictator. Many of those filibusters came from republican sponsored bills. Bet you didn't know that. Harry Reid would stick ridiculous amendments into Republican bills that he knew would make no republican vote on that bill. That way the senate wouldn't vote on the bill and once again show how divided the democrats are, or having democrats vote against popular Republican bills. It also would make it where republicans couldn't pass any sweeping change bills therefore allowing him to continue calling republicans the party of no. So Republicans would end up having to filibuster their own bills to stop the crazy amendments. (Such as stimulus bills being added to budget bills.)

Not that this happens that often. A very small percentage of bills have actually been filibustered. The press just makes it sound like its a bigger issue than it is because they don't like republicans and it helps out the dems to demonize them.

How many times did Republicans filibuster their own bills? Amendments add to a bill are nothing new, don't see the revelation in this. I do wonder about a party that would rather filibuster their own sponsered bill than face an up or down vote. Thanks for the info on the reporter, saw later the different name spelling.... Black/ Golds

How many times did Republicans filibuster their own bills? Amendments add to a bill are nothing new, don't see the revelation in this. I do wonder about a party that would rather filibuster their own sponsered bill than face an up or down vote. Thanks for the info on the reporter, saw later the different name spelling.... Black/ Golds
Well lets say that it was opposite. Republicans were in control and weren't allowing any bills other than standard running of government stuff. No healthcare bills, no immigration bills, no wall street regulation bills. So for everything from now on I substituted Republicans for what the dems are doing.

The democrats wanted to actually do things however, so they started pushing bills through the house to the senate. The Republican leader (Republican Harry Reid) of the senate doesn't want to show how divided his party is so he wants to make sure no controversial bill passes through the senate. He doesn't want some of his moderate republicans to vote yes on the bill, or if he gets them to tote the party line to have to go back to their voters in conservative states and tell them why they told them they would do one thing and then did another. (There are many democrats in states like Montana that if they vote on anything like tax increases (even for the wealthy) or for the healthcare bill, (which those democratic senators said they didn't like to get elected in those red states.)) they would lose the election next time around for lying. It would look terrible if for bill after bill moderates were teaming up with the other party on major legislation (like the healthcare bill where a bunch of dems voted against the bill and no republicans voted for). It would show how extreme that parties positions are.

So when democrats bring the bill to the senate he puts in an amendment which lowers the taxes on the wealthy, or maybe he repeals a ton of wall street regulations, or how about he cuts the budget of the department of education, or gets rid of Pel Grants.

The point is there is something that could be put into a bill that would make you not want to vote on it. So the democrats filibuster their own bill to stop it from going to a vote. Now why would they have to resort to filibustering their own bill? Surely neither party would vote yes in there because there's things they both don't like. For several reasons.

1) Your now voting against a compromise bill. In any non-hard state one way or another that hurts your relection chances if your opponent uses that against you.
2) There are moderates and even 2? independents in the senate who would probably like almost everything in the bill anyway and vote yes on it.
3) There have been too many times this was done throughout history and failed. (People putting stuff in bills that would be so bad it wouldn't pass but ended up actually passing) Tariff of abominations, the income tax bill etc. This is because people don't act like you would think they would to serve their own self-interests. It many times backfires and people are more interested in working against the opponent than they are for working for themselves. See Prisoner's dilemma on Wikipedia if you've never heard of this. So there is a very real possibility that the bill will pass.

Switch democrats and Republicans and you have what is actually going on in the senate.

Now remember that bill that's going through the Senate to end all of this filibustering? The news for the most part is hailing Harry Reid getting the bill to pass as it will end the blockage of bills and allow democrats to work without Republicans stopping it. You put forth already that republicans are using the filibuster to stop any democratic bill right? Well why would republicans then vote (they almost all said they will vote for) to remove the filibuster? Are they that stupid? Nope. The compromise to remove the filibuster was to allow 2 amendments to be added to any bill by the minority party and the ability to remove any amendments wanted by both parties. All this changes is that instead of filibustering bills, the bills will now be stuck in a perpetual state of limbo as both parties will be adding and removing amendments.

But, at least the senate is seen to compromise right? And Harry Reid looks oh so good since it was his bill.

This post was edited on 2/7 2:10 AM by Eagleyed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT