ADVERTISEMENT

can someone explain over 200 pardons

no1eaglefan

All Conference
Jan 26, 2008
I have always supported Haley's actions, but 200 people can we get an explanation from the former Governor.

May he is trying to save the state some money.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He is trying to save himself money, or should I say payback for money already received. I voted twice for him and now regret it. Glad he is gone.

"There is no justice until those unaffected by crime are as indignant as those who are" - Benjamin Franklin.

And yes, I am indignant, apparently Haley is not.
flush.gif

It is ridiculus all the good he did after Hurricane Katrina to help rebuild the coast is now ruined.

Basicaly, Haley Barbour is an idiot. I hated even listening to him talk, or try to talk. Would hit the mute button whenever I could. Ha!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

Everyone pardons people on their way out, the main issue is the convicted murderers he pardoned.

His pardons are about as retarded as Clinton's...freakin idiots. Both of 'em! This pardon crap should be reserved to a very super select few, if ever. Just goes to show that elitest SOBs are running both parties and don't care about the constitution, people, etc.

Gotta get off the soapbox...sports dang it sports

Please don't send anymore down to Pensacola Gov. Barbour. We have enough of our own...Sincerely.....Black/Gold

Biting tongue very hard. Will say this though. Gov. Bryant has a background in law enforcement so I will be very surprised if he does the same when his time is up.

Lamareagle it has alot to do with this university. Read Eagle in the gym's post and you will see. Gov. Bryant is a USM alum and a huge supporter of the program. Also, giving murderers pardons is a huge deal. It is a very important topic for any board to discuss. I havent seen where they were from but I hope they aren't from my area or yours.
Yes I am biased because I work in law enforcement and have for over 16 years. So it burns me up when a convicted criminal is turned loose before his sentence is served.

They tried to let a young man out who shot a kid through his window over a girl. The boys family got him put back in somehow. Really tragic for the families.

if you want to call me i'll tell you why haley and every other governor before him has made last minute pardons before leaving office.....but i won't put it on an open board.

My point Trooper is I have seen a lot better threads moved on this board because it has nothing to do with USM. Haley Barbour has absolutely nothing to do with USM, let alone political pardons.

If everyone wants to discuss politics on this board then I am all for it. However, the next thread I start I start about Obama's polices that I don't agree with I want to see it remain on the board. Agreed.

Just read that Jim Hood is trying to "veto" several of the pardons. Evidently, there is a 30 day notice that is suppose to be filed. It was not filed in several of the cases. This might get interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT