ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason why the gov should stay away from business

PIREagle

Redshirt
Feb 1, 2011
Listening to a discussion on talk radio about what GM (the one We The People own a hunk of) are doing. They are making a care at a cost of something like 21K and selling it for 21K. (it's energy efficient) This makes so much sense to them that they are expanding production. On top of that they spent 8 million dollars on solar energy that saves them $15,000 a year in electricity. That alone makes no sense. Combine it with the fact that the panels only last 6 60 8 years, and end up as toxic waste and you have to wonder who got paid off here?

I am not serious about someone being paid off, but ask yourself what company was going down before Obama got elected, dumped huge amounts of money into his election campaign, the CEO was one of the most frequent White House visitors after the election, the company owned a major new network that outright campaigned for Obama (NBC). the company turned around immediately upon the election of Obama, the CEO took a high level staff position with Obama, his company received huge green contracts after the election? If you answered GE, you were correct.

Maybe GE got the contract, maybe not. I'd be curious.

Regardless the management of GM stinks. I won't buy one their cars. I don't reward the incompetent.

too bad you buy into the crap. you are missing out on a fine product. and perhaps you should look into how much was loaned GM...nothing like what was loaned to the rip off companies on wall street. oh yeah, i almost forgot. don't bother buying a toyota, ford, kia, nissan, honda, or any other brand on the marker. every last one of em have installed solar panels in their manufacturing facilities and home offices. oh yeah and toyota is even trying to put solar panels on cars...woops let me guess...toyota would never do anything wrong..never ever ever.....

and one last thing...why dont you look up how much the government of japan loaned toyota, honda and nissan over the past three years. would it surprise you to know that japan gave them on the order of 10 times the amount our govt gave GM?

It was not exactly a loan with GM. We own about 36% of the company. I am big time against the bail outs. Was against the Wall St ones too. Ever check to see who is one of the Dems biggest contributors? Wall St. That's right, the one's that got the big bail out. And yes I am against my taxes supporting businesses buying solar panels. If they want to do it on their own, more power to them. Pun intended.

Originally posted by PIREagle:

Regardless the management of GM stinks. I won't buy one their cars. I don't reward the incompetent.

Regardless, GM just surpassed Toyota to become the worlds largest auto maker.

GM is substandard. I know because I have owned GM vehicles and that has been my experience. Nissan and Toyota are far, far better. I know because I have owned both and that has been my experience.

That statement has nothing to do with 'buy American' or whatever. It has everything to do with the fact that we can build them as good as anyone in the world, but instead we in America have to cowtow to unions, regulations, etc. that act as downward pressures on productivity, profitability and quality. So we get what we get. Now that GM has decided to politicize itself, I like it even less.

As for government bailing out a car company, I'm against it. I was against it when they bailed out Chrysler many years ago, and I was against giving GM a single dime when Obama did it. Some say 'but they are too big to fail.' Nonsense. If it fails, it needs to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT