ADVERTISEMENT

And so it begins....

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
The stock market has sunk like a rock since Obama won Tuesday...down 500 points since Tuesday. And now the layoffs are starting. This is gonna get ugly.
You mean that stock market that was at about 13,000, having recovered from about 6000 thanks to the Republican administration that was in office when the economy collapsed, that stock market lost what, 3-4%...ouch!....Let's hope that the President and the House Leader can reach a budget compromise before Jan1, that will help the stock market....Black/Gold

You mean that stock market that was at about 13,000, having recovered from about 6000 thanks to the Republican administration that was in office when the economy collapsed, that stock market lost what, 3-4%...ouch!....Let's hope that the President and the House Leader can reach a budget compromise before Jan1, that will help the stock market....Black/Gold
PensacolaEagle is right for once. The stock market went down for the most part because we had a divided house/senate/pres. not because of Obama being re-elected. The European data weighed on the stock market too. We won't have a compromise though, Boehner just said he won't raise taxes on anyone. And Obama said he would veto any bill that didn't have increased taxes on the wealthy in it. Oddly enough 6 of the newly elected dems to the senate got elected on the promise that they would under no circumstances raise taxes on anyone, including the wealthy. Now we will find out if they were telling the truth about that, or just saying it to get elected to the senate in red states. I know it won't happen becuase I think those dems were lying to get elected but, I wonder what would happen if a bill with no tax increases passes the house, those 6 dems plus the repubs. vote for it, making it pass the senate. It would then be a bi-partisan bill that Obama would be forced to veto.

I am curious though PensacolaEagle, what exactly did the Republicans do to cause the crash of 08'? I'm looking for specifics. Not they didn't regulate WallStreet. Though if that's it for you. What specific regulation did the dems pass that fixes this situation?
This post was edited on 11/9 11:13 PM by Eagleyed

I'm more worried about the coming job cuts than the stock market. The market crash just showed how little faith Americans have Obama.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
You're right Legendary to be concerned. I've read in the Wall Street Journal and seen on TV that there are a lot of companies that are now beginning the process of laying off and cutting back employes hours because of Obamacare. And Obama told us his healthcare bill would create jobs. I guess he just meant government jobs.

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:
I'm more worried about the coming job cuts than the stock market. The market crash just showed how little faith Americans have Obama.
You're right Legendary to be concerned. I've read in the Wall Street Journal and seen on TV that there are a lot of companies that are now beginning the process of laying off and cutting back employes hours because of Obamacare. And Obama told us his healthcare bill would create jobs. I guess he just meant government jobs.
Papa John's now planning layoffs and cut-backs. This is going to get ugly. Real ugly. By the time 2016 rolls around, we may be looking back fondly at the 10% unemployment that Obama brought us in his first term.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/12/teen-ra

Originally posted by NueDaeEagle:

No. Government too. My wife and Mother both were informed there would be furloughs and lay offs at their respective jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT