ADVERTISEMENT

Actual spending cuts $352 Million, not $38 billion

PIREagle

Redshirt
Feb 1, 2011
An analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that the deal, which passed Congress yesterday, will cut spending for the year by just $352 million?less than 1 percent of the much-touted $38 billion figure. In fact, when money for emergency military action is factored in, spending may actually go up this year.

Another scam job by the politicians. Republicans cave in to Democratic pressure again. Many Republicans said it was a bad bill, but they did it because the Democrats would not allow the military to get paid.

while I am super made at this, I don't know how mad I am at the republicans that voted for it because I agree that the worst thing is for the military to suffer because of politics. The Democrats ought to be ashamed. The only reason we don't have a budget now is that they didn't want to pass one back when it was supposed to happen before the elections. They had the majority but they were afraid they wouldn't get reelected. And they were right. If they had passed the budget the budget the Dems want there would have been even more of them sent home. "We the people" lose again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT