ADVERTISEMENT

Academic Center....

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
I just saw where Munz tweeted that Coach Bower was at the Academic Center. If I were Bill McGillis, I would put Bower's name on it because of the emphasis he put on academics. He said that the greatest day at USM for a student athlete would be the day they graduate. I don't knowif it is still true, but during Bower's time, USM football had one of the highest graduation rates in the county.

I just saw where Munz tweeted that Coach Bower was at the Academic Center. If I were Bill McGillis, I would put Bower's name on it because of the emphasis he put on academics. He said that the greatest day at USM for a student athlete would be the day they graduate. I don't knowif it is still true, but during Bower's time, USM football had one of the highest graduation rates in the county.
It's official. Bower's name is on it. Well deserved. His dedication to USM is renowned. He is one of the Golden Eagle greats. Long overdue.

It's official. Bower's name is on it. Well deserved. His dedication to USM is renowned. He is one of the Golden Eagle greats. Long overdue.
I also think that naming the academic center after Bower is appropriate. He had a real commitment to the student athletes and their education. My son was in school while he was coaching and would see Bower personally look in the door to check on football players to make sure they were in class. I know if I were a player it would mean more if I saw the head coach looking in the door to see if I was in class.

I also think that naming the academic center after Bower is appropriate. He had a real commitment to the student athletes and their education. My son was in school while he was coaching and would see Bower personally look in the door to check on football players to make sure they were in class. I know if I were a player it would mean more if I saw the head coach looking in the door to see if I was in class.
I clearly remember the "academic center" of Bower's time was a trailer. Indeed long overdue and well deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT