ADVERTISEMENT

8 Wins THIS SEASON!

SomissFAN'

Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2002
I believe we will be at least 2-2 heading into October. By then the Juco players will have meshed into our scheme. I do not see a definite loss after September, and I think with all the youth that we have played the last couple of years, these guys are HUNGRY for a Championship! I don't know if we will get there quite yet, but I do believe we make a strong statement.

I believe we will be at least 2-2 heading into October. By then the Juco players will have meshed into our scheme. I do not see a definite loss after September, and I think with all the youth that we have played the last couple of years, these guys are HUNGRY for a Championship! I don't know if we will get there quite yet, but I do believe we make a strong statement.
Monken sure believes in this team along with you. He said he expects to go to a bowl game. I do too. Let's get to the Rock this year and back this team. SMTT

I am predicting a safe 6 wins....but anything over that would be a big turnaround for Monken and probably save his job and this fanbase.
Monken's job is 100% secure. He has this program headed in the right direction and our AD is not so stupid as to change when things are going right. We will be going bowling again, probably this year. And we will be headed back to challenging for the conference championship. Nobody could turn around in two years, what E Johnson did to us in one. He might as well have given us the death penalty There was a huge difference between Monken's first team and his second one. There will again be a huge difference in the team we will see this year. I for one can't wait to see the team on the field. SMTTT.

I would love to see such a big turnaround. I think it is doable, given the schedule we have. Outside Mississippi State and Nebraska, every game is winnable.

8 wins? I think that's high. I can see 6, maybe, but a lot depends on the JUCO's making an impact early. Although the competition is so pathetic, we may well win 8.

8 wins? I think that's high. I can see 6, maybe, but a lot depends on the JUCO's making an impact early. Although the competition is so pathetic, we may well win 8.
Check out the Orlando papers preseason rankings and tell me again about how pathetic CUSA is. We have one of the tougher schedules we have had in years.

I'm referring to their preseason ranking of all teams here. CUSA comes out ranked as the top non-power 5 conference according to their ranking of teams so far. And it looks to stay that way as they finish out the rankings of the top teams.

Last edited:
I'm ecstatic with our season. That said, CUSA SUCKED!!!! Nowhere near as good as the AAC was this year. I'm hoping the conference comes around better in 2016.

Some fans will always find something bad about USM to complain about and will always see the downside. I'll focus on what's great that's happening, and that's a lot.

Reactions: Roswell Eagle
I'm ecstatic with our season. That said, CUSA SUCKED!!!! Nowhere near as good as the AAC was this year. I'm hoping the conference comes around better in 2016.

Really? The mighty AAC is about to go 1-6 in bowl games, including 0-2 to CUSA. The AAC was over-hyped, and bowl season exposed them as the frauds that they are.

UH is playing FSU in a few hours. We could be playing in a New Year's Six Bowl too this time next year, especially if the defense is able to replace what is being lost this year. I could see USM winning every game next year except LSU....just need to find some more D lineman that can pressure the QB and run stop. That was the difference in winning 9 games vs 14. We'll also need to reload on WRs. So far Monken & co. have been able to get good results from JUCO players until the underclassmen recruiting has time to gain dividends.

Reactions: fiveeagles
UH is playing FSU in a few hours. We could be playing in a New Year's Six Bowl too this time next year, especially if the defense is able to replace what is being lost this year. I could see USM winning every game next year except LSU....just need to find some more D lineman that can pressure the QB and run stop. That was the difference in winning 9 games vs 14. We'll also need to reload on WRs. So far Monken & co. have been able to get good results from JUCO players until the underclassmen recruiting has time to gain dividends.

I don't disagree with you Houston. If we keep playing solid defense, we could win 11 in 2016. We have to figure out how to beat Marshall though. We've lost 5 straight to Marshall, so that's a game we need to win at home. Kentucky will be tougher than some fans think, but I feel like we can beat them. Finally WHY are we playing Savannah St?? If we're going to play a team like that, lets bring in JSU, Alcorn or Miss Valley St. Make it interesting within the state of Mississippi!

I don't understand the Savannah St game either....a great crowd would show with one of the in state schools....

ADVERTISEMENT